Funding for publications
Funding for publications by young female researchers
FAU strives to make the results of its research permanently available worldwide without any restrictions. At the same time, however, it is important to strengthen the autonomy of young female researchers.
The immediate objective of funding for publications is therefore improving the visibility of research and increasing its impact. This poses considerable financial challenges for young female researchers who work on or are associated with projects supported by third-party funding but are not the applicants for this funding.
Support in the form of funding for costs for open access or comparable publications aims to enable female researchers in the qualification phase to raise the profile of their research on an international level and increase their chances of gaining a qualification position in science or a professorship despite the limitations caused by the pandemic.
Applications for funding for publications
|During a promising revision or after the acceptance of the publication, the application for funding should be made before the contract with the journal is concluded.|
|Applications must be sent as a PDF file to the assistant to the Faculty’s women’s representatives (firstname.lastname@example.org) including the following documents|
- Information about the author including a short CV (max. 1 page)
- Short description of author’s current position/scholarship
- Confirmation that the article has been accepted
- Details of other author/s, title of the publication, name of the journal, impact factor, expected publication costs, information about existing third-party funding
- Information about the costs of publication and the proportion that can be paid by the other party
Prof. Dr. Friedlinde Götz-Neunhoeffer
Lehrstuhl für Mineralogie (Prof. Dr. Göbbels)
- Telefon: +49 9131 85-25780
- E-Mail: email@example.com
Dr. Magda Luthay
Büro für Gender und Diversity
- Telefon: +49 9131 85-20947
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org